|Olivier H. Roux|
|Tel: from abroad: +33 2 40 37 69 76 - from France: 02 40 37 69 76
|Fax: from abroad: +33 2 40 37 69 30 - from France: 02 40 37 69 30
email@example.com (remove "no-spam.")
Not to be confused with Olivier (F.) Roux (also professor at École Centrale de Nantes and member of LS2N)
Teaching (École Centrale de Nantes)
- Real-Time Systems
- Formal Methods
- Automatisms and Micro-informatics
My work concerns the model-checking and the control of real-time systems:
- Expressiveness of Timed models
- Comparison of the expressiveness of Timed Automata and Time Petri Nets wrt timed bisimulation and timed language acceptance.
- Expressiveness of Arc-Place-Transition time Petri nets, read arc, inhibitor arc, reset arcs...
- Model-checking and control of Time Petri Nets and Stopwatch Petri Nets
- State space abstractions and overapproximations
- TCTL model checking (implemented in the tool Roméo)
- Control of Time Petri Nets
- Parametric extensions of Time Petri Nets, Stopwatch Petri Nets and Timed Automata
- Parametric model-checking
- Parametric unfolding
- Parametric timed games
CNRS research groups:
- Head of the master ARIA
- Vice Head of the Doctoral School STIM
- Former Head (2012-2016) of the Real Time Systems group of IRCCyN
- Co-leader (since 2006) of inter GDR program: AFSEC (Formal approaches for communicating embedded systems).
- Co-leader (2010-2013) of GDR ASR program: High performence embedded systems.
- GDR ARP program: STRQDS (Real Time Systems QoS).
Contracts and projects
- Renault (2015-2018) : Design and Validation for cross-system for autonomous cars.
- BA Systemes (2012-2015): Real Time Control of AGV (Automated Guided Vehicle).
- SeeForSys (2011-2014): Formal modeling and synthesis of drivers for embedded systems.
- Sodius (2006-2009): Study of problems of simulation and model-checking of eFFBD via Time Petri Nets.
- Dassault Aviation (2005-2006): Starting from an AADL model of an avionics system (with timed constraints), the goal is to translate this model into Time Petri Net in order to extract a set of translation rules.
- ANR PACS (2014-2018): Parametric Analyses of Concurrent Systems. Partners : LIPN (Paris 13), IRCCyN (Nantes), LINA (Nantes) and LIAFA (Paris Diderot).
- CominLabs Project EPOC (2013-2016) : Energy proportional and opportunistic Computing systems), aims at focusing on energy-aware task execution from the hardware to application's components in the context of a mono-site data center (all resources are in the same physical location) which is connected to the regular electric Grid and to renewable energy sources (such as windmills or solar cells). Partners : LINA (Nantes), IRCCyN (Nantes), Telecom-Bretagne, Lab-STICC (Brest).
- FUI FREENIVI (2013-2016): Open Source Software for Embedded Systems dedicated to automotive. Partners : OPEN WIDE, ESG Automotive, IRT SystemX, IRCCyN (Ecole Centrale Nantes), LIAFA (Paris Diderot).
Paris scientifiques régionaux AFSEC PDL (2013-2017) : Approche Formelle des Systèmes Embarqués Communicants en Pays de la Loire. Partners : LINA, IRCCyN.
- ANR IMPRO (2011-2014): Implementability and Robustness of Timed Systems. Partners : IRCCyN (Nantes), IRISA (Rennes), LIP6 (Paris), LSV (Cachan), LIAFA (Paris) and LIF (Marseille).
- ANR DOTS (2007-2010): Distributed Open and Timed Systems. Research topics: Formal Verification, Embedded Systems, Model checking, Control and Non-interference. Partners : IRCCyN (Nantes), IRISA (Rennes), LaBRI (Bordeaux), LAMSADE (Paris), and LSV (Cachan).
- ARC INRIA (TP)I (2010-2011): (Timed/Probabilistic) Interfaces. Research topics: complex embedded systems - components and interfaces.
Partners: IRISA, Aalborg University, ITI Copenhagen et IRCCyN.
- ACI CORTOS (2003-2006) : Control and Observation of Real-Time Open Systems. Research topics: Controller synthesis, Real-time systems, Timed automata, Verification of open systems and Observation. Partners : IRCCyN (Nantes), LSV (Cachan) and VERIMAG (Grenoble).
- European project ITEA EAST-EEA (2001-2004).
This automotive-project is funded by the European Union and consists of major European automotive manufacturers,
first-tier suppliers and research departments.
These works on Petri Nets lead to implementations which are integrated in the
Roméo software workshop (an experimental version for Linux, Mac OSX and Windows
is available on the Roméo Web Site). Roméo consists of a graphic interface written
in tcl/tk and a computation module written in C++. TA obtained are provided in the input format of Uppaal or Kronos.
Some Publications can be found here
Upcoming & Past Events
PETRI NETS 2018 - PC co-chair
FORMATS 2017 - PC member
MSR 2017 - Steering committee
IESM 2017 - PC member
FASSI 2017 - PC member
WODES 2016 - PC member
SynCoP 2016 - PC member
CISEA 2016 - PC member
MSR'15 - Steering committee
SynCoP 2015 - PC member
MOVEP 2014 - Co-organizer
SynCoP 2014 - PC member
VECOS 2013 - PC member
FORMATS 2013 - PC member
MSR'13 - Steering committee
CODIT 2013 - PC member
ICMCSD 2013 - PC member
MOVEP 2012 - PC member
FORMATS 2012 - PC member
ESDA 2012 - Round table co-chair
VECOS 2012 - PC member
LATA 2012 - PC member
SUMo 2011 - PC member
MSR'11 - PC member
ETR 2011 - PC member
Petri Nets 2011 - PC member
DOTS'10 - PC member
VECoS'10 - PC member
APNOC'10 - PC member
Petri Nets 2010 - PC member
SUMo'2010 - PC member
MSR'09 - PC chair and organizer
TiSto'09 - PC co-chair
APNOC'09 - PC member
ETR'09 - PC member
Last updated January 19, 2017 by Olivier Roux